BRAC Saajan Prepaid MasterCard FAQs
1. Who would benefit from having a BRAC Saajan Prepaid MasterCard®?
The cards are great for people who:
- Would like the ability to transfer funds to family or friends, regularly safely and securely
- Can't get a bank account but prefer the convenience of a card for everyday shopping - there is no credit check, so everyone can apply*.
- Are cautious with their cash and want to control their spending - there’s no line of credit
- Want all the above plus the ability to use the card online and on the high street - it’s a MasterCard®card so its accepted at shops as readily as a MasterCard credit or debit card.
- The card is an e-money product, and as such it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd becomes insolvent, your funds may become valueless and unusable, and as a result you may lose your money.
2. The concept is new to me; how do you use them?
Buying and using a BRAC Saajan card is easy. Simply:
- Purchase your card on this site, by completing the online application form
- Receive your card through the post. Call to activate it and receive your PIN
- Top it up online or via the Post Office or PayPoint terminals
- Spend in shops or online, anywhere you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark
3. I have bad credit history; could I still get a card?
Yes, with the card there’s no credit facility, so there is no credit check. As long as we can successfully check your ID, you’re over 18 and a UK resident, you can apply for a card!
4. How do I apply for a secondary card?
Simply log into your account online and select the ‘order a secondary card’ tab and follow the instructions. Secondary cards will be delivered to your address for you to hand over to your chosen secondary card user.
5. How do you load money onto the cards?
You can load your card in a number of ways:
- Online using an existing debit card
- At your local Post Office
- At a PayPoint terminal - often found in your local shop/convenience store
- All top-up fees are shown within the fees section. There are loading limits and a maximum balance that you can hold on your card. Please see the terms and conditions for further information.
6. What are the fees for using the account?
We do not charge for checking your online balance and statements, however there are fees associated with your Prepaid Card, please see the fee summary for further details.
7.Will my card work abroad?
Yes, it will work in most ATMs worldwide and with most retailers with electronic terminals that accept MasterCard cards.
8. How do I activate my card?
Simply sign the signature on the reverse of your card, call +44 (0) 1244 770529 and follow the instructions. Lines are available 24/7. Calls are charged at your standard network rate.
9. When do I get the card PIN?
Your PIN will be read out to you when you call to activate your card. Simply call +44 (0)1244 770529 and follow the simple instructions to retrieve your card PIN. Lines are available 24/7. Calls are charged at your standard network rate.
10. How long does it take for a card to arrive?
You will receive your card within 7-10 working days from the date of application.
11. How long does it take for the money to show in the account?
If you load your card with cash at a PayPoint terminal, the money will normally be available immediately. If you load at the Post Office, funds will be available within 1 working day. Loads made online are available within a few hours of loading.
12. How do I transfer money to a secondary card?
Login to your online account and choose the transfer money tab, you will then be able to transfer funds from your primary card to your secondary card.
13. Who can load money onto my Prepaid Card?
Only the cardholder can load the card online, at PayPoint terminals or at the Post Office.
14. Will I receive a paper statement?
To help the environment, we do not provide paper statements. However, you can view your current balance and transactions online free of charge.
15. What do I need to do if any of my personal details change?You must let us know as soon as possible if you change your name, address, phone number or e-mail address. You will be required to provide proof of your new address by sending us a copy of your bank statement or utility bill to Customer Services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Customer Services on +44(0)1604 640503, Customer Services are available Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. Calls are charged at your standard network rate.
If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, log into your personal web account and the options to re-order cards will be available. You can also contact us by using the Lost or Stolen line on +44 (0)1604 640503, lines are available 24/7 and calls are charged at your standard network rate.
17. What do I need to do when I receive a replacement card?
You must sign your card as soon as it is received. You must then activate it before you can access your account or any funds can be loaded on to it. Details of how to do this will be provided with your new card.
18. How do I cancel a card?
You can cancel your card by calling the Customer Service Team on +44 (0)1604 640503, lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm, calls are charged at your standard network rate.
Unless you have arranged to transfer any unused funds to another card managed by us, we will arrange for the funds on your cancelled card to be refunded to you by sending a bank transfer to the account you advise us of, once all transactions and fees have been deducted, including the refund fee.
See the terms and conditions for more information.
You should treat your Card like cash in a wallet. If it is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money held on it, in the same way as if you lost your wallet. As a result, you must keep your card safe and not let anyone else use it. You must keep your PIN secret at all times. Do not reveal it to anyone.
We recommend that you regularly check the balance of your card and recent statement online from your personal web account to ensure that all transactions are accounted for.
If your card is lost or stolen, you must get in touch with us as soon as you can. We will then cancel your card. A new card will be issued to you within 7-10 working days. Please note that any funds will be transferred over to your new card.
You can report your card as lost or stolen by using the Lost or Stolen line on +44 (0)1604640503, lines are available 24/7 and calls are charged at your standard network rate. You can also report your card lost/stolen by logging into your online account.
22. When does my card expire?
Your Primary Card is valid for 24months. You can check your card expiry by checking the front of your card. Card expiration dates printed on cards consist of a month and year only. The card will remain valid until the last calendar day of that month. If, for example, an expiration date reads 03/18, this means it can be used until midnight on March 31st, 2018. If you attempt to use the card after this time, it will be declined.
23. What happens when my card expires?
When your card expires, you will no longer be able to use it and we will arrange for the balance of funds to be transferred to your new Card, after deducting any outstanding transactions and fees (including the replacement fee)
The renewal fee for your replacement card will be charged 21 days before your card is due to expire. Therefore, you will need to ensure you have enough monies on your card to cover the renewal fee 21days prior to the card expiry date.
We will not issue a new Prepaid Card if you tell us in writing at least 28 days before the date your Prepaid Card expires that you want a refund instead or if insufficient funds exist on the card account to meet the replacement fee.
We will also not issue a new Prepaid Card If your card has not been used in the three months prior to its expiry date, you will be sent an email asking if you want to replace that card and keep any existing balance on it. If you request that we do this, you will be issued with a replacement card within two weeks. A replacement card fee will apply.
24. Is my card covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme?
The card is an e-money product, and as such it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd (WDCS) becomes insolvent, your funds may become valueless and unusable, and as a result you may lose your money.
However, as a responsible e-money Issuer, WDCS ensures that once it has received your funds they are deposited in a secure account, specifically for the purpose of redeeming transactions made by your card. In the event that WDCS becomes insolvent funds that you have loaded which have arrived with and been deposited by WDCS are protected against the claims made by creditors."
25. What is a Shortfall?
In the unlikely event a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Prepaid Card for that transaction (a "Shortfall"), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you.
26. What is Padding?
A 10% padding fee may be applied to out of currency transactions. This is to allow variations in exchange rates between the initial authorisation and when the settlement comes through. After the transaction has been settled the difference will be released back to the card.
26. Is my card covered by the Consumer Credit Act?
As this is a pre-paid card it is not covered by the CCA, section 75, or any limitations as a result of this.
27. What if I forget my password?
If you have forgotten your password please go to the login page of the website, enter your username and select the forgotten password button which is situated under the password entry box.
*You must be over 18yrs old and a UK resident to apply for the BRAC Saajan Card. ID checks will be required.